Wednesday, May 1, 2013

First camping trip.........

For shame daddy Dave, you mean to tell me that this is your girls first camping trip? I mean you are pack master Dave, Sir Eagle Scout , Mr outdoors, survival D, fire starting master, s'more making king, king of the fire pit, tent maniac, hot dog roasting fool, the list of nicknames goes on and on( many of which I have given myself). But still this is your daughters first camping trip I guess there is some explaining to do. Well let me explain without the fourth degree, Ya see as life has thrown me to lovely young ladies and I mean young(3years Malia and a 9 months, Ella) and the younger they are the more stuff you have to pack and the more attention they need. And this makes camping kind of hard among other things, but the time had come to suck it up, pack up the truck and head to a nearby camp ground. Some of the family was getting together and setting up camp for a day so we joined them nothing like spending time with family and s'mores.
 
 

The camp ground we went to had lake access so we took the girls too play in the sand

Malia found some beach toys and enjoyed the sun and made some friends.

 

 

Pic of people chillin around the fire pit.

As the s'mores settle in and darkness fell, relaxing was on everyone's mind, even Mr poops aka Barkley.

 

1 comment:

Woodie said...

looks fun to me! good times, good times. :-)