Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lawn mower improvements.........

 

 

The other day while loading up the trailer to do some mowing on some clients yards before the triple diget heat arrived. I notice an improvement of which I neede to make to one of my mowers. Pic above is a pic of the handel bars, see they have a gip attached to the bar but the actual bar doesn't extend all the way to the end of the grip. This makes man handling the mower hard because you can feel the grips are not strongly supported, I actual broke one so time to address this issue.


Here a pic of the exposed Handel bars, I would have just removed the grips but the handle was not long enough to make munuvering easy, unless I had baby hands.


 

I simply took some extra tubing I had lying around(actual tubing from sister #4's discarded umbrella from last years beach trip...free$.99), cut to the right length with help from a sawsall. drilled a extra hole to aid in the securing of the added tubing and added another screw.


last of all I took some electric tape and wrapped the new tubing, this did the trick making it an easy adjustment, making it much stronger.

1 comment:

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Too bad the little one is too short to reach it. She's got the baby hands.