Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Short cut.....

 

Being my first encounter with wall paper while renovating a rental I decided to just paint over it. Time being of the essence I thought this wouldn't look bad and would save time. Well I was wrong, when I tried to paint the wall paper started to bubble up. This looked like crap, of course I could have turned a blind eye and let it slide but that wouldn't be the cowboy way.

So after some research it was decided that the wallpaper had to come off no amount of sanding, filler or painting could fix this eyesore(which I tried all three). So it looks like all that was left to do was wet it and scrape so I picked up the handy dandy tool to aid in the penetration of the water. It scores the wallpaper allowing the water to soak in behind. I am happy to report that the removal went well and soon fresh paint will be on the wall minus the bubbles.

1 comment:

Woodie said...

I'm VERY familiar with that doohickey! It was called a tiger when I used it to pull down the very 80's paper in our dining room. Worked like a champ, with some elbow grease.