Thursday, January 19, 2012

Who needs 4x4 drive.............

 

Well as usual on my day off, out to the rental I went. as I pulled into the yard to back up to the house to unload tools/supplies, I noticed a loss of traction....$&@! Before I new it I was up to the rim in mud , after trying the quick fix solutions,none seemed to work. The only thing Left to do besides making a phone call was to jack up up the tire and put some bricks/gravel/rocks or what ever is lying around, under the tire for traction.

During one of my attempts at raising the truck the jack slipped knocking out the side of my truck, after a couple choice words and a swift kick to the side to pop the dent back in, back I went to work to raise the wheel from the mud. It was a challenge, with the jack and bricks sinking in the mud.






and here we are with brick under tire and a runway set to go.......it would seem all that was left to do was pull out..........but......

 the other side lost traction also, so the same action had to be done to this side as well, and in the above pick we are ready for another shot. Brick underneath and a path laid out.

 Wala finally I'm unstuck after a hour and a half.......so home I go? Nope I still got work to do on the house so I'll place a call to my sweet to let her know I wont be home for dinner.  Mmmmmm cold fish sticks. I think my next truck will have to be 4x4 wheel drive.

2 comments:

Woodie said...

ugh! mudd-o-ramma. glad you were able to wriggle out of that mess.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Yeah, 4x4 will make it easier to dig those holes.