Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chicken roll.......

 

 Well the other evening I took a break from the rental work and did some stuff around the house, when it came time for dinner me and momma mandy tag teamed it. Momma put me in charge of the chicken...I warned her and she said she wouldn't say a word. So I grabbed an assortment of condiments from the fridge. Italian parsley, spicy mustard, dill relish, banana pepper rings, diced onions and capers. As I look over my shoulder to see her reaction, her face was plain with no visual  sign of worrie on her brow, well time to put it together. So I took the chicken breast split it leaving it attached on the end creating a long strip. Next came out the rolling pen to act as a tender- riser. Momma mandy did enterject at this point but only too point out that I might want to cover the chicken with a piece of wax paper, to help prevent splatter(her advise was taken). So after thinning out the chicken I spread the mixture on the chicken and rolled it up tacking it closed with tooth picks.

 here we are in the oven and ready to bake....with a little olive oil in the dish.

 at last it's done and ready to enjoy......it was delish. As a side momma mandy had made up some tasty potatoe salad. Daddy Dave took left overs for lunch the next day.

1 comment:

Woodie said...

Mmm, looks pretty dang good!