Saturday, February 11, 2012

Craig's list find........

Well the other day while crushing around on the oll Craig's list I ran across this find a wooden play set, with slide, rope swing, trapeze, swings, fire pole , sand box, two person swing, and built in fort all in one for the deal of  the day $20. Well I course it had to be moved and it was on the other side of Charlotte and was in need of a little repair but it still was very solid .

 so after I went and viewed I decided to give it a shot. After a quick call to brother in law #4 for a little extra muscle out we went with trailer in tow to retrieve . After a little un-assembling, the goal was to move the tower portion as a whole to prevent having to take it apart.  After taking off a section of railing to make the moving a little lighter,which did not fair so well. it was decided if it had to be taken apart if probable wouldnt be able to put back together, Because of the age. Here we used a hand truck to move across the sellers yard which to my surprise went very well. I was sure the axel might bend or the support would break of which neather did.

 And so here it sits In the front yard and with my extra muscle gone it was left up to me to figure out a way to move the monster fort into the mid section of the yard. This is not a light piece of playground equipment and I had a few obsticles I neede to maneuver around. First I had to figure a way to move, this was solved with a hand wench and some fence posts to act as sleds. Next the gate opening was just about an inch larger than the fort but just through the fence was a stump which needed to be removed. The gate needed to be taken off for maximum clearance. And then there was the new hvac unit which the distance between It and the fence was no wider than the gate. It looked like the work had just begun.

No comments: