Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Preparation.......

 

The other morning while daddy Dave was on his way too work in the wee hours. A aggravating sound came from under neath the hood, after a closer inspection it was determined that the power steering pump was the culprit. It seemed to be not so happy with me maybe it was the extreme cold and it was pissed I had left it out in the garage but I don't think this was the case. Hoping for the best senerio ( just adding fluid) I checked the fluid it was a little frothy, thinking it was low and sucking air I hoped to add some honda approved fluid. After work when I got out into the car the noise was no longer present, after checking the fluid it was fine with no froth? The next day or two still no further sounds or fluid issues, not sure of the root of the problem daddy Dave decided to flush the power steering system as a precaution the fluid looked pretty dirty. After pricing the local shops daddy Dave decided he'd do it himself. First I drained the fluid from the reservoir........

Then I attached a hose to the return line....

And put the attached line into a container to catch the over flow.....after help from a lovely assistant and 8 bottles of fluid the flush of the system was complete.

Here the holding tank is refilled and ready to go...after bleeding the system and testing it out all was working like new. I'm not sure if it will fix the problem but it was worth a shot, with a long drive coming up in the future I'd rather still have power steering for the trip.

Here's a pic of the flushed out fluid.......it's suppose to be clear.........looks like it was time for a system flush.

 

No comments: