Thursday, April 28, 2011

unfinished project klr............

 here is my trusty ol 650 klr this is an endro, an on/off road motorcycle, but i have and next to no ride time on it. well with the weather so nice its time to finish her up and get her on the trails. i also have a smaller Honda 80xr which is at a friends house back in the town of birth. my intent is to take this down to my parents homestead so that my baby sis(not a baby any more) can ride and enjoy, the 80xr that is. so what does this bike need to get going? well it seems the inside of the tank has corroded and the rust is clogging the fuel filter. solution- while cruising online a couple of years back i saw a neat product that will seal and coat the inside of the tank preventing further rust, i did order and its been sitting in the garage. first step is to remove and drain gas tank, the above pic shows this step done.





 KBS Coatings is the name of the product, it is a three step process, which should solve my problem. so I'm gonna put it to the test, if intrigued look it up on line it looks like one hell of a product. stay tuned

No comments: