Friday, February 22, 2013

Shame on you daddy Dave....shame.....

 

This morn while the wife was gone to work daddy Dave decided to gather up the girls and take his truck to the shop to get it inspected(past due). Well getting the girls together is a task in itself but was achieved, after the girls were loaded up daddy Dave had to un hook the trailer and we'd be on our way......not so fast buster. After daddy unhooked he had to pull into the grass in order to get around the trailer.......not a good thing...slip....slide.....and we're stuck. All the recent rain had turned the back yard into a slippery wonder land, after some navigating(backward and forward) we were even more stuck or stucker.

The truck was starting to slide down the hill towards a pile of wood...which would be a mess. So I called it quits (among other things....I think Malia has a few new vocabulary words) and unloaded the girls and went back into the house to brew.

Shame on you daddy Dave...you bring shame upon the chevy name by letting that Honda pull you out...tisk..tisk I hope your happy with yourself. Do what you have to do, I attached a tow stap to the rice burner and then to the gas burner. I spun the wheels while my lovely assistant applied pressure, this straightened out the truck.

After the truck was straightened the combination of v8 power and Honda power freed the grey goose from the clutches of slippery substance. Somehow I feel my ole lady wont ever let me live it down, but ill manage to pick up my wounded pride.

 

3 comments:

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Life's like that sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Go go go Honda! Funny post, it gave me a good laugh.

Levi

Woodie said...

Mandy does have a bit of smerk on her face! :-) but, you know I'm on team Honda, too.