Saturday, May 12, 2012

Got food?

 

Well tonight I was in a blur trying to get all my closing duties done. It being the Saturday before mothers day it was busyier than normal. With no floriest on hand I found myself quiet frequently doing floral duties! Making corsages wrapping roses and the sort, on top of all the normal produce duties. While I was cleaning up in the back I just so happened to look up and see a costumer walk out the door with a buggy full of Non bagged groceries. Did my eyes deceive me.....no...but wait. Soon after a female follows walking out the door with a buggy full of groceries too. I could take it no longer I jogged to the front of the store just as the female was passing through the sliding doors. Then I said it.....something I've always wanted to say when Ive caught a thief in the act....."excuse me, do you need some help?" I saw the lady hesitate but kept walking so I said it again..."miss do you need some help?".........she knew she was caught and their parked vehicle was too far to make a run for it. She turn and said..."na I got it"......the man who had walked out before her was just in front and he stopped abruptly and came back towards us, stopping beside the lady. I said...." we'll if I can't help you then I'm gonna need you to push these buggies back in". The man paused and looked at me now he started to pled with me. "let me slide man....let me slide" I said "sorry man I can't I'm gonna need those buggies". He said " come on man, I ain't got no food". I then scan the buggies, they are piled high with meat galore, beer, soda and more meat. Non essential items nothing that someone starving needs, I say "sorry man I can't all I can do is let you get out of here" not that I could have actual did anything anyway. If they would have kept walking I couldn't have followed them into the parking lot due to polices and procedures. They hesitantly look around and make a bee line for their car. As I push and pull the two loaded buggies back into the store my heart is pumping. The total dollar amount is still unknown as of now but was a easy $500 but probably closer to $700 easy. I don't know if there's anything that gets my goat like a thief, but at least for tonight its two disappointed thief's.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Glad it didn't get ugly. Those leaches could get food if they really needed it from churches, shelter or Uncle Sam. Way to do the hard right over the easy left.

Levi

Woodie said...

Wow, Pretty brazen of those people. Brave of you for stopping them, people like that get my goat, too. All the honest people end up paying more to compensate for those who are dishonest.

The Canuck said...

It's funny to imagine what they would look like frantically tossing two carts of unbagged groceries into their car as fast as possible. Good job Detective Dave for keeping those keen eyes peeled :)

Jacky said...

Thanks for that. There are too many times I've seen such, but am in no position to act.
And whole-heartedly agreed: a theif burns me up proper.
I would have probably did the scan myself, and saw "beer" as a hard sell.