Friday, May 25, 2012

Power failure...........

 

The other night After enjoying a dilishes dinner of borchst soup, I went to grab the the camera for a quick pic for a future blog when I noticed my cell phone which had a missed call. When I looked at the missed call it was from one of our tenets. It seems that They had lost power in one room of the house, they had plugged a charger into one of the outlets and were met with sparks and a power loss. Being the land lord it was my dutie to head on over and take a look and resolve the problem. i Hoped it was just a flipped breaker(which has betheir a past case), but this was not the problem. After some inspecting and removing the outlet in question I discovered that the outlet had overloaded and popped, like a fuse. Not having a extra outlet on hand I removed the damaged outlet and completed the electrical sercuit, giving power back to that room of the house. Next move I have to make a trip to that home improvement store and pick up a replacement outlet, and a couple extras to have on hand. I wish all rental calls were as simple as this one. If I had to call an electrician he would have been laughing all the way to the bank, easy money.

 

No comments: