Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tipsy........

The other evening I was at work doing some work duties outside aka watering flowers when I heard a loud BOOM! As I looked up to see the dust settling around this newly overturned truck. I quickly went to the scene to see if I could be of assistance( muscle). I had a chance to snap a quick pic with the ol camera phone, all seemed to be ok besides the obvious, all partakers walked away some just had to crawl out towards the sky and others out the passenger door. It looked to be a close call for those involved. I'm not sure of the cause it could have been a handful of items, but it does look like the truck was a little top heavy. It almost looked as if the trucker had to turn hard to avoid another car or took a turn way to fast, anyways it shut down the intersection for about 3hrs. Ended up being a slow business day. All entrances into my place of work were detoured.

 

3 comments:

Woodie said...

Wow, yikes, looks like people were very lucky. Good think it wasn't anything too toxic in the truck. Awhile back someone ran into the grease trap dumpster behind the reasurant near our house and they had to cover the road with something to soak up all the grease, plus it didn't smell too hot.

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

This happened here yesterday!

http://www.shelbystar.com/articles/detour-63851-wreck-incident.html

I saw the burned out vehicles over by the City Garage.

Forrest said...

These idiots will never learn that you don't pass on the right... EVER - ESPECIALLY next to a semi. The favorite sticker on the back of a semi I have ever seen has to be "Left: Passing Side, Right: Suicide." Maybe a high insurance premium will teach them.