Thursday, September 6, 2012

Stepping up........

I needed to add some steps and railing to an exit/entrance on one of the rentals. Here's a STEP by STEP Of how I did it (pun intended). First I needed to attach a ledge in which the steps would attach too.

then concrete blocks were leveled and placed to provided a resting place for the risers and keep them off the ground, then the risers were attached to the ledge.

Next the steps were attached with a little notching done to make way for the hand railing.

Last the railing was attached with more additional notching being done for a custom look. I am not the notch master as is my father(grandpa anderson cuts notches like Lincoln logs, notching everything. of course this does make for a custom and stronger product). But here is the finish product built with safety in mind.