Thursday, December 8, 2011

Been there done that.........



Well out I went yesterday in reply to reports of a slow main drain this was a different home not the one of which my last plumbing adventure was partaken in. upon arrival I crawled under the house to take a look. When I say crawl I mean scoot on my stomach, this has the smallest access I have ever been in, there were a couple points when I thought I might get stuck, what a place to be caught. O yeah did I mention that I was scooting through more SEWAGE....... it seems who ever did the plumbing on this house was also not to fond of the crawl space and it looks like they didn't spend as much time on the glueing part of the job as they should. Here we have pictured above the scene  when I crawled...I mean scooted under. Right when I opened the access panel that all to familure smell hit my nose, forget about a couple of coffee in the morning now this will wake you up(or make you start crying).


Well not having all supplies on hand I attempted to re-clean and Re-glue, which seems to have done the trick for now.



after some more scooting around I eventually found the main sewer access at the back of the house. It's kind of frustrating I mean all the core plumbing meets at the back of the house, then the main sewage pipe goes back to the street? It back tracks. Why not have had it meet at the front then down to the street, this just means my 50feet of power drain cleaner line will probable just go about a
Half the distance of the house.

After a little while of drain cleaning time and a little hose work I got this black cottage cheese stuff to start coming out, but shouldn't it be going the other way....? I was running into some sort of blockage, hope it's not a tree root, or worse a collapsed drain line that would be a nightmare. Did I mention that it was raining like cats and dogs.....nice. Well after darkness fell I packed and capped it off for the night. Looks like I might be heading out fri for another try. 

2 comments:

Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Looks like you're keeping busy these days.

The Canuck said...

Let's hope you were drilling down the wrong pipe, Dave. Got my fingers crossed for ya!