Friday, December 2, 2011

Tire--d of hanging.........


Well I figured it was about time to do something With my spare tire, no not the one around my waist but the one for my trailer. The spare has just been lying on the floor inside the trailer getting more in the way than anything. I could just have easily went and bought a pre made mount which attaches to the frame but after thinking it through, I thought it might not work so well with the incline I drive up and down, there is a good chance it would scrub. So with a little thought And a couple of supplies I had lying around I set off to make a mount. The above pic is of some pre drilled holes all ready drilled into trailer.




this is a pic of the bracket making process. I taped two similar shaped aluminum scraps together and dilled the mounting holes so they would be the same on both brackets.
here's the bracket mounted and ready for a little tire action.




and wala and so we have a homemade spare tire holder, cost a couple bucks for some long bolts, I picked up at habitat.